Few days back while i was talking to my best friend who is in UK right now and he told me something that am still unable to accept. His exams had just ended and i asked him how his exams went. He told me that his were ok but one of their friend is in trouble. I asked him why. He told me that a night before exams he and his friends called another friend of thiers to know about her preprations. And just as they talked to her she started crying. On asking the reason she told that her fiance was hospitalized. They all told her that they’ll accompany her to the hospital and all is going to b okay. The guy was almost dead when they reached there. They enquired from the doctor what happened to him. Doctor told them that he died because of brain explosion resulting from overdose of drugs. The answer was too shocking for me. I can’t imagine the way the girl must be feeling. My friend told me that the guy had been to a club that night and someone had jokingly messed up with his drink and just as he got out of club he fainted and was admitted to the hospital. He died because of a stupid joke. His parents have been called from India. How will they feel to know that their son has died and that too this way. How will they live with memory of being called to UK for cremation of their son. And his fiance? They both had just got engaged, what must she be going through? We can only imagine. It’s them who know the actual pain. And all thanks to the super cool prank and jokes. If this is what modernization does to the country and its people then we should think twice whether we really want imprints of such western culture in our country? 😦 😦 😦
I was just wondering that is it good to share what i read?? Or will it become too messy?? I mean sometimes a simple sentence says what an entire post cannot..!! Is it not worth it to share such thoughts..??
Here is what made me ponder all this and share it:
“Do to others as you would have them do to you.”
Yes it is from Bible. Doesn’t this small sentence say a lot?? Won’t life be so much simple, positive and pleasant only if we can practice this?? For example, say what we would love to hear and avoid saying things that would hurt if told to us. I know its hard but what is the harm in trying. Lets make world a better place to live in 🙂 🙂 🙂
My mom wanted a boy when she was expecting me. And so did my dad. They were also firm about having only one child. And no it’s not because they felt that a boy child is better. It was just a sweet wish with no bias whatsoever. And the very fact that i am the only child proves that they had no apprehensions about girl child. Mom says they both were very happy when i was born and seeing me the decision to not have another child only got firmer because they wanted to devote all of their attention and time in giving me the best of a life. I am proud enough to say that they indeed have given me best of everything, be it values, gifts, education, freedom and love. Me boasting about my parents is not new. I can’t imagine my up bringing in a better way. But that’s another story for another day. What i have been recently speculating is their decision to not have another child.
I have missed absolutely no chance of boasting that am the only child and its a boon. I have never had to share anything with anyone or didn’t get the new one because my sibling had that thing and i can use it. I quite like it this way. But what i like the most is that i have undivided love of my parents. I am a very possessive kind of person when it comes to those i adore. So having my parents all by myself is the best thing. But there is no denying that at times i have questioned my parents that why didn’t they have another kid, it would have been fun. Mom just laughs it off. But recently i have realized that there are more cons of not having a sibling than pros. It would have been awesome to have a younger sibling or even older for that matter.
All my friends have siblings. All of them. It’s awesome to hear about the fights, pranks, arguments, fun they have with each other. Its only other day that my friend told me how she funnily clicked her little brother’s picture while he was sleeping and later tortured him to death and blackmailed him to get tons of things. Whenever i go at her place i have seen them fighting for the stupidest of reasons but then i have seen them caring for each other too and to no limits known. I would like to share something i found pleasantly unique. My baby friend ‘K’ has a little brother ‘D’ and it amazes me the way they both bond. It was only recently that ‘K’ had been to Goa on a school trip and he got a toy car for ‘D’. What is awesome is that he didn’t get anything for himself but got a gift for his little brother. ‘K’ is in fifth grade. To care for someone so dearly at such a small age is so magical. Once i asked them that who their best friends are and they both took each others name. ‘D’ who is in first grade respects and obeys ‘K’ from heart. It is an urge to feel this way for someone that saddens me and makes me want a sibling.
My best friend’s sister is getting married. He is pretty self obsessed person. He is currently out for studies and will be coming soon for wedding. And there he doing all the shopping for his sister and nothing for himself proves that this bond is beyond measurement. Whenever my friends are out with me, while returning they surely take something home for their siblings. I have never done that. There is no one who expects it from me. I have no one to bitch to about what i feel. No one to plan surprises with for my parents. No one to do pillow fights with, no one for whom i have to be up all night to do assignments and homework, no sister i can watch silly movies and cry with, no brother who makes me feel protected all the time, no one who complaints about me to my parents and then also requests them to forgive me. All this is a lot to miss on.
I agree we have friends who are said to be siblings we choose. But still each relation is unique and irreplaceable and this is one relation i miss sorely. I am very open to my parents but at times when i tell them what i find extremely funny and get a ‘its-not-funny-its-disgusting’ look that when i miss having a sibling the most.
I mean who wouldn’t want a person with whom you would go to ice cream parlour…make them order an ice cream and eat more than half of their ice cream…tease them till they get upset…and then buy two ice creams for them to make them happy… :):):)
Isn’t it like the season of letters?? Of course the virtual ones..!! So i thought why not join the trend and took this opportunity to write a letter to the little kid in me.
Dear Kid in me,
I adore you. Not just me but you have few other fans too. But unfortunately you have more haters than lovers. There are a few things you need to get right.
– Firstly stop reacting the way you feel. Learn to pretend. Dont show that you are angry, no way. Matured people get angry only on serious issues and not on something like someone teasing your friend. Nah, that is immature. Your friend can deal with it. Be a diplomat or even better ignore anything such happened. There is no need to be a kid trying to protect and defend something he loves.
– Dont let your face be a mirror to your heart. The feelings you express freely without any fear are often taken as offence. If you don’t like a certain thing someone just bought, don’t make it obvious. Try the subtle hint thingy. You will be in their good books. I have heard its important. *Networking se hi kaam banta hai, Sabse bana ke rakho*
– I know you enjoy music. So you tap your feet or do a little jig with your hands no matter where you are. But that is wrong. You are grown up now. Growing up probably takes away your right to enjoy. Image ka sawaal hai, samjha??
– Matured people have ego. And big ones. If you can’t massage it, at least don’t hurt it. I know you wont mind if someone (genuinely) forgets to inform you something. But no you can’t forget. It hurts the ego of matured people. And they probably thinks its intentional.
– Dont shout or laugh loudly. That is cheap. You will be laughed at. I know you probably don’t care but trust me you should.
– Dont cry. That is taken as a sign of weakness. Even though all it symbolizes is that you are sad or hurt. *Natak* that is how it’s usually described. So control.
– There will be times that you wont understand a certain adult joke. Pretend you know what it meant and fake a laugh. Or be ready to answer *c’mon, don’t lie that you did not get it, you are not that innocent*. Being innocent is a rare thing and probably a crime too. Toh use google but don’t ask living people.
– The word katti is banned. It doesn’t mean the same these days. I know that you use katti to tell the one you care for that they have done something wrong and its time to make up for it. But no. Now if you tell people they are wrong and stop talking, they might just never come back. So be carefull.
– The next piece of advice is confusing to me as well. I’ll give it a try. Umm, try not to be the bubbly and free-spirited self you are with everyone. You would be called desperate. But if you don’t talk or gel around you sure as hell are going to be named ‘arrogant’. So even i am confused what exactly should be done.
I know it’s too much to ask for but that is how you can be famous (among mean people who don’t give a damn about you), lovable (fake love by fake friends), graceful (so what if it’s suffocating) and most importantly MATURED. I have been told that maturity is nothing but learning to act in public. So you need to learn that. My heart aches to say but its better you don’t show up.
She was walking. All alone (or so she felt). She just kept moving ahead. It was dark. Darkness so deep, just like moving with closed eyes. That didn’t bother her. She kept on moving, surrounding herself more and more with the blanket of darkness. She couldn’t see anything. Couldn’t hear anyone. She couldn’t sense anything. She just felt one thing. Pain. Immense pain. Pain so cruel, her heart could explode. Her mind was crowded. Crowded with thoughts. Conflicting thoughts. Too many thoughts, all fighting with each other. Each thought fighting to make sense. None making sense to her. She still could not believe what had happened. She had just lived her nightmare. All that she thought she would never let happen to her was exactly what had happened. She had lost control over her life. What went wrong?? She thought. That is all she had been trying to figure. She was tired. Tired of thinking. She had been crying herself to sleep ever since. Every night she cried till the tears dried out. Now She wanted to cry out loud. She wanted to share what she was going through. She knew what will happen. She would be asked to move on. That is what she has been trying to do. Move on. But all she sees is darkness. Sympathy, that is what she would be offered. She did not want that. She hates it. She is not weak. She is a fighter. She will fight this, she thought. But one step ahead reminded her something and she was two steps behind. Broke, that is how she felt. What next, she thought. Lost in her pain she could hear voices now. She heard her name being called. She knew the voice. She answered and left with the voice. Moving ahead all she could see was darkness. Once she was scared of darkness, now darkness is all she has. She laughed at her thought. A cold laugh. She kept moving. All alone (or so she felt).